Become A Miss Contestant
To become Miss South Carolina, a contestant must first win a local preliminary competition to compete to represent her state, a process requiring personal commitment, hard work and talent.
• Competed in any National Finals of the Miss America Organization.
• Must be at least seventeen (17) years of age at the time of her first competition and no older than twenty-four (24) years of age on December 31st of the year she is chosen to represent her state in the National Finals.
• Must reside in; be enrolled in and physically attending classes on a full-time basis at an accredited college or university; or be employed on a full-time basis for at least six months in the state in which she intends to compete.
• Must be a citizen of the United States of America at the time she enters her first competition.
• Must be a high school graduate or have successfully completed the GED testing program for high school equivalency or have successfully completed the academic requirements for entry into a college/university degree program by July 30th immediately preceding the National Finals.
• Must have never been married, nor had a marriage annulled
• Must have never been pregnant
• Must not be the adoptive parent of any child
• Must never have been convicted of a criminal offense, nor have any criminal charges pending
• Must be of good moral character and not been involved in any act of moral turpitude
•Must be in good health and can participate fully and without limitation in all program activities
• Must not use or consume any illegal controlled dangerous substances or abuse the use of alcohol or other dangerous substances
• Additional requirements expressed in local and state contracts
If you are interested in receiving more information about becoming a contestant in the Miss South Carolina program, use the local organization contact information (Located Here) and navigate to the region in which you are interested in competing. Once there, you will find contact information for the local preliminary’s Executive Director(s).
Become A Teen Contestant
To become Miss South Carolina Teen, a contestant must first win a local preliminary competition to compete to represent her state, a process requiring personal commitment, hard work and talent.
• Be between the ages of 13 and 17 (Click here to view the Age/Education Eligibility Chart)
• Be a United States citizen.
• Meet residency requirements for competing in a certain town or state.
• Meet character criteria as set forth by the Miss America’s Outstanding Teen Organization.
• Be in reasonably good health to meet the job requirements.
• Be able to meet the time commitment and responsibilities as set forth by the local program in which you compete.
• Must not be eligible to compete in the Miss America Competition.
If you are interested in receiving more information about becoming a contestant in the Miss South Carolina Teen program, use the local organization contact information (Located Here) and navigate to the region in which you are interested in competing. Once there, you will find contact information for the local preliminary local executive directors.
Did You Know?
* You can compete as a Contestant for Miss South Carolina or Miss South Carolina Teen if you hold a Local Festival or University Title.
For additional information about the Miss South Carolina Scholarship Organization, please download our brochure here.
* Teen contestants may choose to compete at-large at the state pageant. At-large state teen contestants must comply with the same minimum requirements as state contestants who won Local Pageants.